Our whole world!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Still waiting...

Just another update...
We came home from the hospital last Wednesday evening, so I spent only 5 nights in there. Unfortunately, I was feeling awful last Friday and called the doctor and I asked to be taken off medicine (procardia) cause I don't like how it made me feel, and they made me go back to the hospital and be monitored. I am supposed to take the meds every 12 hours, but they showed me what would happen if I didn't take it, and I began having big contractions. I wasn't at 34 weeks yet then, so they told me to either take the medicine and suck it up or go into labor and put girls in NICU. I chose the medicine of course and after several hours of monitoring they let me come home (at 4 am). So I have been sitting here just waiting on nature to take its course since then. They said that when I am in real labor, that labor will break through what the procardia is doing (which is trying to slow down contractions).
Over the past few days though, I just can't help myself and I have had to get up and move around some. After almost a full 6 weeks on bed rest, I am about to lose my mind! I got up and cleaned some bottles yesterday and have done some little things here and there. I know my doctor would yell at me if she saw me, but I just can't take the sitting around doing nothing anymore. It is awful... at least for me who is such a fast paced person.
I of course want the girls to stay out of NICU and I want them to be healthy, but this bed rest (house arrest) is killer! My hormones are out of whack and I am surprised Aaron hasn't divorced me yet. I feel bad or him and his sister who is living with us right now... They have to put up with my constant moods that change from hour to hour. I can't wait to be a normal person again! LOL!
We're still waiting, but hopefully the "nesting" stuff is a sign. Apparently that is what I am doing, since I all of a sudden think that I need to clean bottles and fold clothes.
Today is Leap Year... I have made it through the first 14 hours of the day, and I am praying that these girls don't decide to come in the next 10 hours. I am so ready for them to come, but they absolutely CANNOT come today! I am so scared that they are going to have that awful February 29th birthday... No offense to anyone who has a birthday today, but I can't imagine having a birthday once every 4 years!
Ok, I think I am done rambling... Next post is going to hopefully be the one that we all want to see! :)